Old 21-08-2008, 03:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
AKT AKT is offline

Default Connecting 3-4 sprinklers to one faucet

FDR fdr@kjdfgkdfkl wrote:

: Running 3-4 sprinklers at once will greatly reduce the coverage of them.
: Is this what you really want?

Sort of, in the following sense. At present I have one sprinkler and
the lawn size/shape is such that it can neither cover the whole lawn,
nor run at full strength without overshooting widely. So, I am not
really using all available water pressure - I have to turn down the
water at the faucet. I move this sprinkler many times to cover the
area..

My idea was to run a few sprinklers in the remaining areas
simultaneously, using an adapter with individual flow control for each
arm. None would need to cover a big area. "Reduced coverage" is indeed
what I'd need from many of them.

My worry was to get the hoses right, because one would have to carry as
much water as the remaining 3-4 combined. But I'll try to digest
Dioclese's post first.