Old 08-04-2003, 11:08 PM
zxcvbob

Default Pineapple?

JNJ wrote:

I have one; I twisted the top off the pineapple and then let it dry out

for
a few days. Peeled the bottom leaves off to expose the adventitious root
bumps, and planted it in some well drained potting soil. It has about
doubled in size in a year, but I haven't been taking very good care of it
over the winter. I'll put it in a bigger pot outside when the weather
gets warm (June?).

How big a pot did you start off with?

Started out with a 4" pot cuz I have so many of them. Moved it to a 6"
almost immediately.

My brother has a bunch of pineapple seedlings. Grown from seeds taken
from a golden pineapple.

Seeds? I didn't even know Pineapples had seeds. Hmmmm....

Most of them don't. Some of the golden ones, (not grown in Hawaii) do have
little hard black seeds.

Best regards,
Bob