Old 21-08-2008, 01:15 PM
echinosum echinosum is offline
Registered User

Location: Chalfont St Giles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Perry View Post
Ah, but we are supposed to eat 5 veg a day.
O.K., so I'll mash 5 spuds.
But they now say the veg have to be different colours !!.
I got that sorted too, food colouring, 1 mashed spud coloured red, 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 blue, and 1 black.

Everybody happy now?? Can I eat my dinner in peace?.
No. Although it is plainly vegetable matter, potato doesn't count towards your 5 veg a day. I bet you aren't surprised to learn that sugar doesn't count either, even though its vegetable too. Nor bread nor breakfast cereal nor rice nor pasta, all made from vegerable matter. They all count as carbohydrate, not vegetable, for the present purposes.

At the end of the day it is advice, not something you have to do if you don't want to. If you want an unhealthy diet, that's up to you. Some people do live long on an unhealthy diet. Like Eubie Blake, a chain-smoking jazz musician who reputedly drank nothing but whisky, and who said on his 100th birthday, "If I'd known I was going to live so long, I'd have looked after myself better, dad." But statistically, he is an unusual case.