Old 21-08-2008, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Damons? Plums?

On Aug 21, 9:58*am, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 01:50:20 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Aug 21, 9:14*am, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:50:39 +0100, Sacha wrote:
On 20/8/08 22:52, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

/Lidl/

Apparently they've got some good wine deals at present, too.

Their more expensive Aussie Shiraz is excellent.

I have to make a trip in that direction at the w/e so I'll try to get in
there and have a look. *They're on the outskirts of Torquay.

We bought some good Bordeaux from Lidl last year.
One problem is that if you a buy a bottle to take home and try and it turns out
to be good, the whole lot has sold before you can get back for more.
*Since they sell more or less the same wine all over Europe, it's worth
comparing notes.
--

Martin

Martin, do you have the name of that particular Bordeaux? *Lidl in
Issoire are selling Bordeaux for around 3 Euros today, if it is any
good, based on what you say, I will go and get some.

Haut Medoc Cru Bourgeois Chateau D'Arsac 2004 and
Haut Medoc Cru Bourgeois Chateau De Cach Cuvee Lagrave 2006

We noticed that not only is Lidl wine more expensive in UK than in NL, but also
that the same wine is younger.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Martin, 2004 should just be about ready to drink now, the 2006,
I would put down for a while. I will get both, thank you.

Judith