Old 21-08-2008, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Food for thought

The message
from Tim Perry contains these words:

Funeral ? Steady on. My old Mum is 94 this year, we always had real
butter.

Ah, real butter! (Good for you.)

Notice how many foods that served our olds just fine, are now supposed
to be almost toxic. I suspect it's more down to the fact that people
today
are just not made of the same stuff, too wrapped up in cotton wool.

Yup. All sorts of allergies. I must have consumed my peck of dirt as an
anklebiter, let alone a lifetime.

They worked much harder than we have to, so perhaps it's down to a lack
of exercise, sitting on your butt all day.

On average, (from several months' pedometer records) I walk about four
miles a day, except in the shooting season (when I do a bit of brushing)
when the average distance goes up by 50% and the terrain by a
stick-in-the-mud factor of 5.

Here's a tale,
The prophet sat on a rock, and up walked the devil. "Where are you
going"
said the prophet. "I'm going to the next town to kill 50 people with
plague"
said the devil. Some weeks later they met again, " Hey devil, you lied,
you said 50 yet 10,000 are dead". " I did not lie, prophet, fear killed
the others"

Probably Jeremiah...

--
Rusty