Old 21-08-2008, 11:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Quince

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" writes

"K" wrote in message
I'd like to grow a quince (Cydonia) but not sure whether it'd fruit for
me. I'm in Yorkshire, 400ft above sea level, on clay in a slight frost
pocket.

My parents grew Quince quite successfully only a few miles away from you. We
used to harvest the fruit very late in the year for Quince jelly. I've no
idea which form they grew but it was a relatively small bushy shrub.

Was that quince =Cydonia = tree as opposed to Japanese quince =
chaenomeles =shrub? Probably yes, 'cos you're well aware of the
difference, but just checking.

--
Kay