Old 08-04-2003, 11:32 PM
Polar

Default Water Restrictions

On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:16:44 GMT, (Frogleg)
wrote:

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:52:09 -0700 (MST),

(George) wrote:

In metro Denver.......No watering except for trees and shrubs. Fines to
$500 apply. Reservoirs are at 43% capacity and dropping. There goes my
garden for this year. I'll set out a few tomato plants and hope for
rain, but if it's anything like last year, it's futile. Reminds me of
1933.

Put bucket in your shower? During a CA drought lasting 5 years,
people did that.

Do you have municipal recycling? Our guidelines say something about
'rinsed' containers. So I filled up my 1-ltr soda bottles with water
and 'rinsed' them on my tomato and basil plants before putting them
into the recycling bin during severe restrictions last year.

see:
http://www.water.denver.co.gov/

It appears that hand-watering of veg and flower gardens is permitted
"(with positive shutoff nozzle or drip irrigation only)" as of
October, 2002.

I'm really curious about the gray-water thing. I don't know about
Denver, but where I live, the sink, toilet, and tub, and washing
machine all eventually go into a common sewer drain. How on earth is
shower water separated from raw sewage?

--
Polar