Old 21-08-2008, 01:08 PM posted to aus.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default lettuce seeds

"Ivan" wrote in message
Hi all,

I've recently planted some lettuce seeds in the hopes of them
sprouting into lovely plants ..
Perhaps I'm a little anxious, but the seeds have not yet sprouted and
I'm worried it might be a bit too cold for them at the moment ..
I've been keeping the growing medium moist and have kept them outside
but undercover, away from the rain..

In Melbourne we've been having 10-12 degree days so I'm thinking that
might be the reason I've not seen any lettuce action as yet ..

Can someone suggest whether they'll eventually come up, or I should
just wait for the days to get warmer before trying this again?

Thanks!

Lettuce do quite OK in cooler weather it may take some time.

David