Old 08-04-2003, 11:33 PM
Hussein M.

Default Russian Vine (Polygonum baldschuanicum)

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 11:52:20 +0100, (swroot)
wrote:

My armandii is in full flower now and glorious it is too. NW wall in
coastal East Anglia (brick which probably has a warming influence in
what at this time is the coldest area of the British Isles - N.
Scotland is degrees higher).

Mine is also in flower (west facing timber fence in East Anglia).
*Nothing* kills it, not even pruning to the ground in late summer when
the fence was replaced.

Really? To the ground?

The reason I ask is that mine, due to another's gung ho pruning has
somehow got itself to an approx 2.5 m of bare stalk (S bend) before
all the action and it never seems to send shoots from the bare stalk.
I have refrained giving it a "hard one" because somewhere I have been
given the impression that it wouldn't survive it.

Shall I try when it has finished flowering? Dưa think?

Hussein

Grow a little garden

spam block - for real addy, reverse letters of second level domain.