Old 22-08-2008, 12:01 AM posted to sci.chem,rec.gardens,alt.survival,sci.environment
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default compost

In article , zxcvbob
wrote:

Jangchub wrote:
...I find it hard to believe in this day and age in
the developed countries people are still buying the Liebig methods,
even though on his death bed conceded that he was completely wrong
about NPK being all plants need.

Was "Liebig" someones actual name, or an ironic joke?

Best regards,
Bob

Justus von Liebig, "father" of argricultural toxification, who promoted
artificial fertilizers over natural ones. Never occurred to me but the pun
of his name is indeed ironic, & now I'll never be able to see his name
without thinking of that, thanks to you.

Liebig also invented ox blood cubes to be dissolved in water and drunk
down as a tonic or added to soups. A steaming cup of oxo and a blood
pudding ought to keep Dracula alive between fresh victims.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com