Old 21-08-2008, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Very small rodent ID

On 21/8/08 21:20, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:55:48 +0100, Sacha wrote:

Looking out of the kitchen window today the children saw a tiny mouse
climbing, sitting for at least ten minutes in and then disappearing from,
some ivy and jasmine climbing that wall. When they called me to see it, I
thought they were going to show me an 'ordinary' mouse but this was tiny
with a very dark brown back and - given I had only a quick glimpse of it
moving - what I thought were quite large ears. The location it was in is
right up against the kitchen chimney wall where the Aga gives out some
warmth and where sparrows roost in various plants, too. There is plenty of
cover there and birdseed too, from time to time. If anyone can suggest
what this little thing is or point me at some pics, I'd love to show them to
the children. TIA.

http://www.itsnature.org/wp-content/...8/03/bilby.jpg

or
http://www.wildlifetrust.org.uk/ches...wood_mouse.jpg

This is a possible. The others are.........not!

or
http://www.wildlifetrust.org.uk/ches...ater_shrew.jpg

or

http://asapblogs.typepad.com/news/im...smickey_58.jpg