Old 22-08-2008, 01:40 AM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default Trees and Texas

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:58:07 -0500, Jangchub
wrote:
What's the matter John, nobody paying attention to you? As far as I
know, oak wilt is only in Texas. Believe it or not, there are highly

Not quite... 21 states, including TX. I'm here in OR, where it's on the
least
wanted list:
http://plant-disease.ippc.orst.edu/a...?article_id=28
http://www.na.fs.fed.us/SPFO/pubs/fi...lt/oakwilt.htm

I wondered about this as well, as it has been seen in Kentucky.
http://www.uky.edu/Ag/kpn/pdf/kpn_1144.pdf

I lost two massive red oaks this past year and have another two in decline.
While I have not yet been diagnosed specifically with oak wilt my county
agent is allegedly on the case. Simply reading about it sure put the fear in
me as I have many of these trees and having them taken down (safely) costs a
fortune.

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky