Old 22-08-2008, 04:21 AM posted to aus.gardens
Ivan Ivan is offline

Default lettuce seeds

On Aug 22, 6:15*am, mulligrub ] wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Hi all,

I've recently planted some lettuce seeds in the hopes of them
sprouting into lovely plants ..
Perhaps I'm a little anxious, but the seeds have not yet sprouted and
I'm worried it might be a bit too cold for them at the moment ..
I've been keeping the growing medium moist and have kept them outside
but undercover, away from the rain..

In Melbourne we've been having 10-12 degree days so I'm thinking that
might be the reason I've not seen any lettuce action as yet ..

Can someone suggest whether they'll eventually come up, or I should
just wait for the days to get warmer before trying this again?

Thanks!

Just last weekend I did this for the first time in many years, mainly to see
if the hybrid lettuce I bought would germinate something from seed.
I will report back when I see green. Perfect growing weather so the
results should be forthcoming within a week or so,

--

Hi there!

Just to pop by and leave some recent discoveries:
I looked closely into my growing medium and found that the seeds have
recently sprouted a small root-like thing.

I'm hoping to see more action over the next few days, but at least I
can be assured that the seeds aren't dead.

I'm growing this for the first time on a home-made hydroponic system,
so I was a little nervous.

I'll post with more news and pictures, if I take them!