Old 22-08-2008, 08:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"polecanoe" wrote in message

Arsenic poisins the central nervous system, likewise copper and lead. I'm
not going to say it but...

It's turned under, not left on the surface.

One application of greensand will work for many years, unlike ironite or
seaweed which will quickly break down.

I called all over looking for greensand and no one knew what I was talking
about. I was offered play sand for kids sandboxes and coarse sand to mix
with concrete. The Nursery in a nearby city knew what it was, but they don't
carry it and can't (or wont) order small amounts. The people on this NG
apparently are wealthy enough to buy all these expensive organic products
and have them shipped. I simply cannot afford that. The cost of gardening
would be so prohibitive it wouldn't pay to garden at all. We're lucky we
found the place to get free mulch to compost... only $4 for the gas to get
there and back with a load.