Old 22-08-2008, 09:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"phorbin" wrote in message
In article , lid says...
Ironite v. a liquid. What problems have you people had with Ironite?
What
is the issue with this product? If it's dangerous, how is it legal to
sell
for use in gardens? Is there any other type of iron to add to the
soil/compost besides liquids? With large gardens, sprinkling "iron" water
over the plants several times during the season isn't practical.

To answer part of your question...

It's legal to sell it because .gov isn't up to date, isn't there to
protect your interests unless you force the issue, is always there to
protect business interests because business responds to every threat
with the best financed whiners and/or lawyers and/or disinformation
campaigns etc. etc. etc.

And you seem to be trying to convince yourself, that taking some poison
with your convenient solution is acceptable.

What makes you think I drink Ironite? It's tilled into the soil and lasts
all season.

It's pretty clear that you are trying to justify using Ironite and any
information that doesn't supply you with the same convenience isn't
going to seem practical to you.

I justify using what I need in my garden to grow plants. Convenience counts
as does cost. I don't enjoy your unlimited income.

And if your garden is as big as you say it is, how many people are
eating the produce?

Two of us.

That too should weigh in because kids absorb lead far more than adults.

Our kids are all grown and gone on with lives of their own. They wouldn't be
offered a glass of liquid Ironite either.