Old 22-08-2008, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Kay Lancaster Kay Lancaster is offline

Default Trees and Texas

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:40:09 -0400, Buderschnookie wrote:
I lost two massive red oaks this past year and have another two in decline.
While I have not yet been diagnosed specifically with oak wilt my county
agent is allegedly on the case. Simply reading about it sure put the fear in
me as I have many of these trees and having them taken down (safely) costs a
fortune.

There has been some work done in GA (I think) trenching between infected
and uninfected trees as a means of preventing root grafts. They've got
some sort of vibrating plow thing that does relatively little damage.

Kay