Old 09-04-2003, 12:44 AM
spampot

Default Poor Service and Worn Out

Call the Better Business Bureau.

Marilyn wrote:
Hi All,

I just found this group and need advice. I contracted with a local gardener
6 months ago and had poor service. The total bill for service was $6451 and
50% was paid up front and the rest at completion. I had made several calls
to the gentleman's office this past month, and have not been able to be
serviced for the follow-up as contracted. A pin was put through my
sprinkler system, plants have died, trees look poor and other stuff. I was
charged for 15yds of mulch but I just re-did it all myself in a different
color and used only half as much (placing 3inches)!

Now I want to do another contract for the back of my home, including
hardscape, but am reluctant because of the poor service in the front. I
have a company coming this week and had one last week who agreed with the
poor job in the front when I showed him my contract. This new company said
they would guarantee ANY plant for LIFE if you spend over $3000!!! I was
shocked! But I guess that is the difference when you go to a larger more
established professional nursery, right?

Who regulates this industry? Do I have any right's? Or do I need to "live
and learn". This same contractor did a wonderful job up the street from me,
five years ago and has since followed up and so has an advocate for him who
also serves on our BOD. I on the other hand, am new to the community and
had a disappointing job with no firm plans from this man. He was a "no
show" last week for and appointment and it wasn't the first time. UGH!!! He
was then recently hired to do our community landscaping, and my next door
neighbor's mulch, and every time I see his truck in our neighborhood in the
past month, I want to puke. Thanks for reading. I am worn out and want to
do something about it.....should I?

Thanks for you help.
Marilyn in Md.