Old 22-08-2008, 10:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Spaghetti Squash - How do you cook it?

"Tim W" wrote in message
om...
What I want is to get something on my plate which looks like a pile of
spaghetti. Cold ideally but hot would be fine. Jane Grigson says boil it
whole for 30-40 mind then cut it open and voila spaghetti but I am having
trouble separating the spaghetti-ish bits from the skin and the flesh
under the skin and the seeds and pulpy bits in the middle.

Any tips, methods and hints would be welcome.

Tim W

I bake it whole in the oven (I suppose you could use a microwave), having
pierced it a few times so that it won't burst, until it's soft then cut it
in half and scoop out the strands. I've never had a problem - except in
finding it to buy. I've never tried growing it, don't know why.

Mary