Old 22-08-2008, 02:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
Joe J. Joe J. is offline

Default Rebuilding lawn

We're buying a home in a desert climate and it had about a 10 x 20 lawn
patch in the backyard, the rest is desert landscaping. The house is a repo
and the water has been off for 6 months so needless to say the grass is
dead. We want to keep that small patch of green. Do you think I could
over-seed on top of the dead stuff or do I have to rip it out and start
over? I'm waiting until around October when things cool off a bit during
the day.

Thanks,