Old 22-08-2008, 03:23 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Trees and Texas

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:47:54 -0400, "symplastless"
wrote:

Flush cuts are often the blame.

No dimwit, it's the insect vector and the fungal mat. It effects
trees which were never pruned in their lives. What do you mean by
"often?" What's your experience with oak wilt?

Flush cuts drain energy from the tree placing it in a predisposition for oak
wilt. Everybody in the tree world is well aware of that.
I guess except you. Flush cuts remove the branch protection zone that
resist the spread of microorganisms into the tree. Again it seems like
Texas trees are different and that does not apply. Or so you would like
people to believe. I would not expect you to understand my fine critic.

When was the last time you dissected a tree with oak wilt? Got some
pictures of the dissections?

--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.