Old 22-08-2008, 03:24 PM posted to rec.gardens
symplastless symplastless is offline

Default Trees and Texas

"Buderschnookie" wrote in message

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message

There has been some work done in GA (I think) trenching between infected
and uninfected trees as a means of preventing root grafts. They've got
some sort of vibrating plow thing that does relatively little damage.

These trees are likely inaccessible by anything as the area is undeveloped
and very hilly, not to mention the cost as there are so many in my woods.
There is no way I could afford it on the scale necessary to get to all the
trees.

BTW these trees have never once been trimmed except by Mother Nature. They
are terribly crowded, but again not by human hands as this area has never
been touched. Some thinning would be a good thing, but I do hate that it
is the oaks I am losing and not the hickories.
But they burn really well

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

When you say thinning are you talking about logging?

Tree Farming and Related Problems
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/SOUND/

Troubles in the Rhizosphere
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
Consulting Tree Biologist
www.treedictionary.com
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.