Old 22-08-2008, 05:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Connecting 3-4 sprinklers to one faucet

"z" wrote in message
On Aug 20, 3:03 pm, AKT wrote:
I am planning to connect 3-4 sprinklers to one faucet via a 4-way
adapter and have one technical question/doubt: The hose connecting the
adapter to the faucet would carry 3-4 times more water than individual
hoses connecting it to sprinklers. What capacity should these hoses be?

Naively, I was thinking 3/4" hose to faucet and 5/8" hoses to
sprinklers. Or would another combination make more sense?

Thanks.

Take a good look at your faucet. "Hose bibs" are often designed to limit
water flow. Regular valves have much less restriction and can pass a lot
more water. A gate valve would work even better, I use 3/4 gate valves in a
few places. I've found that while gate valves have much less restriction,
they also tend to drip.

I can run two impact sprinklers from a 5/8 hose easily with only 40psi at
the faucet. City water us usually higher, you should be able to run three
impact sprinklers from a 3/4 hose on city water.