Old 22-08-2008, 02:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Very small rodent ID

On 22/8/08 11:22, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 11:17:20 +0100, Sacha wrote:

snip
I don't think so. I said it was dark on the back and to me that's how the
Bank vole looks in those pics! I don't remember seeing reddish brown,
though. It seems about right for size and 'shape', too so maybe it's some
other kind of vole? OTOH we do have several banks in various areas of the
garden! I'll keep an eye open for it and see if it comes to the same spot
again.

We are expecting photos next time.

Oh sure, I'll get the grand daughter to sit by the window for the rest of

We still haven't managed to photograph the magpie that sneaks in through the
open kitchen door and eats the our cat's food. We think it might use the cat
flap too.

They're very clever birds, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit. Was it a sea
gull that we read about last year that used to walk into a shop and help
itself to its favourite crisps off a shelf?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com