Old 22-08-2008, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Very small rodent ID

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 22/8/08 15:26, in article , "K"
wrote:

Sacha writes
On 22/8/08 11:23, in article , "Nick
Maclaren" wrote:

They can be told from mice by

smaller ears,

I really think that must be it. Thanks everyone.

But I thought you originally said it had *big* ears? Or am I imagining
that?

I did but is that relative to its overall size as I remember it. Most of
the
time it sat with its back towards us, looking almost as if it was asleep.
In fact, for an awful moment I thought it was dead and we'd have broken
hearted little girls on our hands. Then it looked round quickly and
scooted
off. I wish the dratted thing would come back or that I saw a mouse to do
comparison. I still don't think it's a mouse. If it would turn up right
now it would be convenient because the pest control man is here! I
haven't
shown Ray that web site yet so I'll see what he thinks but I do know he
didn't think it was an ordinary house mouse.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Delighted you have the Pest Control Man in as we thought too that it was a
cute little thing until we identified it :-(( Then it got into the house
:-(( Took a devil of an effort to get rid of it.

Had to stop feeding the birds for quite some time as it was, as you say,
attracted by the fallen bird seed

Mike