Old 22-08-2008, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
AKT AKT is offline

Default Connecting 3-4 sprinklers to one faucet

Zootal wrote:

: Take a good look at your faucet. "Hose bibs" are often designed to limit
: water flow. Regular valves have much less restriction and can pass a lot
: more water. A gate valve would work even better, I use 3/4 gate valves in a
: few places. I've found that while gate valves have much less restriction,
: they also tend to drip.
:
: I can run two impact sprinklers from a 5/8 hose easily with only 40psi at
: the faucet. City water us usually higher, you should be able to run three
: impact sprinklers from a 3/4 hose on city water.

Thanks. I am thinking of one impact and one oscillating as my main
sprinklers (just to gain experience with both types), plus 1-2 small
extra fountain types for small patches not reached by the main ones,
mainly due to peculiar geometry or obstruction.

Do you by any chance also have opinions about which hoses, impact
sprinklers and oscillating sprinklers are the best?

Tentatively I am thinking of: (1) Gilmour hoses. Would love Dramm
colors but not easily available and expensive as well. (2) Gardena
350/T oscillating. Either Gardena "Turbo" or Gilmour 996D for impact.
The former is familiar to me from watching from a distance and I love
its quietness; the latter is intriguing because it supposedly can trace
any odd pattern, not just circle or rectangle.