Old 22-08-2008, 08:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"Steve Young" bowtieATbrightdslDOTnet wrote in message
"Marie Dodge" wrote

"Jangchub" wrote

I don't have a problem with animals eating things in the garden. I'm
not implying you don't have a problem with it, just that I don't. I
am honored they feel safe enough to be here.

I' d be more honored if they ate their natural diet and not my veggies.
Wild turkeys were out under the pear tree today munching on the fallen
pears. Actually we don't suffer too much damage from animals.

Being financially constrained as you are, don't you look out there and see
turkey dinner? Hell, if I were in your shoes, it wouldn't be long before
I smelled it cooking, right along side the sweet tators and dressing ))

We haven't got the heart to shoot them. It's also illegal..... but we've
been tempted. The plump sleek deer we sometimes see walking an old deerpath
about 25 feet into the woods behind our house also look tasty. ;-)