Old 22-08-2008, 11:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Connecting 3-4 sprinklers to one faucet

Do you by any chance also have opinions about which hoses, impact
sprinklers and oscillating sprinklers are the best?

I use oscillating sprinklers as well, and have found that they tend to pump
out more water then your standard 1/2" impact sprinkler.

Avoid the cheap $1.99 plastic impact sprinklers. You get what you pay for.
They tend to have problems such as the adjusters slipping, not returning
reliably and therefore sticking in one position, difficulty adjusting flow
so that it evenly distributes water. Some squirt out a single stream that
drops 50% of the water at the far edge of it's watering zone, soaking the
ground in a doughnut shape while the inside stays dry.

The cheap metal ones for the most part work OK, though they tend to be
sensitive to low pressure.

I have a couple of more expensive 1/2 impact sprinklers - metal, Orbit I
think, or Rain Bird, I forget which. They cost $15-$25 or so. You can get
them on eBay rebuilt for cheaper. Their return mechanism is different from
that used by the cheap sprinklers, and much reliable.