Old 22-08-2008, 09:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"Jangchub" wrote in message
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 02:47:44 -0500, "Marie Dodge"
wrote:

It's truly shocking what the cost of organic farming/gardening has come
to.
= O

Yesterday I bought a bag of Medina granular fertilzer, certified
organic, for 20 dollars and it covers up to 4,000 square feet.

How nice! Nothing like that here. Clue #2 = not everyone has stores in
their area that sell organic fertilizers.

I haven't seen anything here but fish emulsion and can't afford almost $10
for a little bottle of the stuff. It wouldn't be enough for one tomato
plant
for the season. I really overspent on insecticides, both organic and
chemical this year due to the WF and spidermites.

You use one tablespoon per gallon of water. That bottle will last a
few years!

You're kidding right? One gallon is enough FE for 3 container Tomatoes for
one watering!

That is a trip with the high cost of gas no less.

Oh, then forget it. Are you on welfare?

Are you retired and living on SS?

I have more time and less money. :-)

So use the Ironite.

I am. ;-) I wanted to know your issues with the product. Has anyone died
from using it in their gardens? Any children suffer from lead inhalation? Is
it being found in veggies grown in soil containing Ironite? I ask a question
and I get a load of people suggesting I purchase all kinds of expensive
products only those with good incomes can afford. I took people's advice on
another Forum to use Organics when the insect infestation started and wasted
over $30 on Neem Oil and Pyrethrum. Neither product made a difference. All
they did was give the insects an unbeatable head start (as I waited for
results) and destroy the garden. By the time I turned to chemicals it was
too late. The plants were totally overrun with spider mites and whitefly.