Old 23-08-2008, 01:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default pepper fruit set is low

"OhioGuy" wrote in message ...
There is a line of trees about 70 feet East of our house. They were
trimmed back rather heartily by the power line guys this spring. There is
a rather filtered sun from 7 to about 10:30. Then there is direct sun
from maybe 10:30 to 2:30 or so. After that, they get indirect sun for
another 5 hours. The whole yard is open, so even with the indirect sun,
they are getting something.

I ended up using some of that tomato fruit set spray, and in just the
last week I now have an additional 30 peppers set on the plants.

I'm glad to hear that. All our pepper plants were lost to the spider
mites and whitefly.