Old 23-08-2008, 02:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkopf General Schvantzkopf is offline

Default Can raccoons climb

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 09:19:00 -0500, General Schvantzkopf wrote:

My corn patch is surrounded by a wire fence but it hasn't kept the
raccoons out. I don't see any holes under the fence so I don't know how
they are getting in. Can raccoons climb wire fences?

I caught one last night in my trap and moved him to some conservation
land about 5 miles away. I've reset the trap and I fully expect to catch
several more, but from past experience it's pretty much impossible to
make a dent in the raccoon population. Does anyone have any other
suggestions?

I've electrified the garden, if this doesn't work I'm going to hire some
unemployed East German border guards.