Old 23-08-2008, 10:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Rebuilding lawn

"Joe J." wrote in message
We're buying a home in a desert climate and it had about a 10 x 20 lawn
patch in the backyard, the rest is desert landscaping. The house is a
repo and the water has been off for 6 months so needless to say the grass
is dead. We want to keep that small patch of green. Do you think I could
over-seed on top of the dead stuff or do I have to rip it out and start
over? I'm waiting until around October when things cool off a bit during
the day.

Thanks,

Irregardless, you should plant some type of grass that is drought tolerant
that will not need so much irrigation in your region. Be sure you have
enough soil depth.
--
Dave

Mankind, homo sapiens, 3rd chimpanzee