Old 23-08-2008, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Flies

"Pete C" wrote in message
tpow wrote:
anyone else having problems..........

dj
Hampshire

Yes. Non recycleables in black bag, securely tied........in wheelie bin,
lid closed, in shed, door closed. When opened a few days later, full of
maggots. The latest is more worrying.........when I come home from work,
one kitchen window has 8 - 12 flies on it. I can see no reason why they
congregate there. They seem to be becoming imune to sprays, I nearly have
to drown them in the stuff! What are your problems dj?
--
Pete C
London UK

I wouldn't call it a problem, just a nuisance. In our house they're on the
large bathroom window, not more than two a day. I reckon that there's a
mouse corpse under the floor somewhere.

I wouldn't use a spray for any of several reasons but I keep a magazine near
the window and hit them. Most drop to the sill where they can be swept off,
two are still flattened on the glass but it's been a very busy time in the
last few weeks. One day they'll be cleared. Sprays make as much mess on
glass.

Mary