Old 23-08-2008, 07:59 PM
Ashley Hunt Ashley Hunt is offline
Registered User

Sunflowers have been cultivated and harvested by many cultures for at least 4,500 years. They’ve been used for a variety of purposes that range from culinary to medicinal. While most people can immediately envision a crop of sunflowers, few realize the important role they’ve played in history. In this article, we’ll provide a brief overview of sunflowers in an historical context. We’ll explain their origin and describe how they’ve been used for generations. You’ll also learn how the sunflower was discovered by those who traveled from other countries.

http://www.homegardenadvice.com/160/...of-sunflowers/