Old 09-04-2003, 01:44 AM
George Shirley

Default toxic soil?

Pat Meadows wrote:

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 14:13:33 -0500, George Shirley
wrote:

We have a plant nearby that produces concrete steps, birdbaths, and
concrete railroad crossings. they have to make two test pours for each
batch they mix, both are cylindrical, about 6 inches across the end and
about 18 inches long. I hired a friends son to pick a lot of them up for
me in his pickup. Make excellent borders for raised bed gardens and only
cost me the haulage charge, from the concrete place they were free.

That would be nice. I asked at the local concrete plant
already: they only make huge things.

Pat

They don't make test cylinders to test concrete strength with? It's a
state law here and the plant has many industrial clients who want it
done too. I've even seen them poured when they're making concrete slabs,
buildings, etc.

George