Old 23-08-2008, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flies

On Aug 23, 12:10*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 03:52:17 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
On Aug 22, 10:06*pm, "Pete C" wrote:
tpow wrote:
anyone else having problems..........

dj
Hampshire

Yes. *Non recycleables in black bag, securely tied........in wheelie bin,
lid closed, in shed, door closed. When opened a few days later, full of
maggots. *The latest is more worrying.........when I come home from work,
one kitchen window has 8 - 12 flies on it. I can see no reason why they
congregate there. They seem to be becoming imune to sprays, I nearly have to
drown them in the stuff! *What are your problems dj?
--
Pete C
London UK

We have quite a big problem with flies here as we are in a National
Forest and next door is a farm. *We have fly screens at the bedroom
window and our doors have mosquito nets on the outside, even though we
don't have mozzies, fortunately! *I am just grateful that our bin is
emptied twice a week, once for plastic etc., and the other for
household waste.

We have fly screens. mozzies and flies. Flies breed in the wheelie bins in
summer.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

I have checked, no flies breeding in the wheelie bin - yet!!