Old 23-08-2008, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Flies

On Aug 23, 3:28*pm, AriesVal
wrote:
On Sat, 23 Aug 2008 06:39:52 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 23, 12:10*pm, Martin wrote:
[38 quoted lines suppressed]

I have checked, no flies breeding in the wheelie bin - yet!!

Where we live we don't get given wheelie bins. *We recycle what we can as
compost, paper gets burnt, tins and jars go to be recycled and the rest of
the stuff goes into a big black plastic bag which we leave outside the front
gate for dustmen to collect every Friday morning.

No flies in the rubbish but we do get flies coming into the house from time
to time. *We have a 'whacker' - but it's trying to catch the wretched things
first !
--
Every time you smile it is
a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.

We recycle a lot Val, paper is left in a bundle for starting the log
fires in Winter and all glass is taken to be recycled.

I have a whacker, it's called a Tapette, is that the same as your
whacker?

Judith