Old 23-08-2008, 09:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Wish me luck Franklinia effort.

Three years ago my 30 year old Franklinia started self pruning. Ended
up with a Y that split in time. This was the only plant I every had
that was registered somewhere. Iıd get snail mail about every five
years. I Think it was from John Bartram gardens.

Anyway about 2 replacements bought last fall. One wintered over and
is blooming as I type Joy Joy. The other fared not as well but it sent
out three shoots. Looking at the ³Good one I pruned the hurt one to one
main leader and a two off shoots.. ³ Being mind full of no chance for a
Y being formed.. Is this reasonable for a hands on gardener. Funny no
way a response may be given that would alter my nature is to give it a
shot. Stupid or just cheap and stubborn. Still....

Plenty of flowers not ever a seed ;((

Bill

http://www.google.com/search?client=...nklinia&ie=UTF
-8&oe=UTF-8