Old 23-08-2008, 11:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
dyogi dyogi is offline

Default Gardening Tips & Tricks

On Aug 23, 6:11 pm, dyogi wrote:
On Aug 23, 2:59 pm, Ashley Hunt Ashley.Hunt.

wrote:
Sunflowers have been cultivated and harvested by many cultures for at
least 4,500 years. They’ve been used for a variety of purposes that
range from culinary to medicinal. While most people can immediately
envision a crop of sunflowers, few realize the important role they’ve
played in history. In this article, we’ll provide a brief overview of
sunflowers in an historical context. We’ll explain their origin and
describe how they’ve been used for generations. You’ll also learn how
the sunflower was discovered by those who traveled from other
countries.

http://tinyurl.com/4h9kn5

--
Ashley Hunt

As long as we're offering up articles with gardening tips, please
check out http://www.smallkitchengarden.net. I write a blog there
to encourage people to grow produce in whatever space they have
available. There's not a lot of material yet, but it's growing... and
there are tips about tomatoes, broccoli, and pears. Please have a
look and contribute to the conversation.

Well... that was boneheaded! The name of the blog is Your Small
Kitchen Garden. The web site is http://www.smallkitchengarden.net.
Sorry if you clicked through and ended up getting nowhere.