Old 23-08-2008, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alan Alan is offline

Default foxes

In message , Christina Websell
wrote

people ask about other vermin such as the cat a different approach is
always suggested. Cats do a lot more damage in an urban environment than
foxes ever will.

That's a whole different kettle of fish. Cats are people's pets.

They can only be regarded as pets on the owners own premises or if they
are kept fully under control elsewhere. The problem is that the majority
of irresponsible 'owners' do not control their so called pets.

If you have problems with urban foxes the solution is to trap them and
release them back into the countryside where they truly belong. Local fox
lovers have had a recent mass release of urban foxes in North Dengie area
with no reported complaints from the locals.

NO, NO, NO.
We do not want your foxes, thank you very much..

Double standards yet again. You appear to think it is wrong to pass a
fox onto someone else but you defend cat 'owners' who do exactly the
same! The release of a few hundred urban foxes to the Essex countryside
per year is insignificant compared to the cat problem.

To any poultry keepers I offer the same advice to you that is so often
offered here to anyone who complains about cats. It up to YOU to spend
lots of money to humanely keep foxes off of your own property.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com