Old 23-08-2008, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default foxes

The message
from "tpow" contains these words:

it's a strange thing that gamekeeper argument......

he breeds thousands more birds than would ever naturally breed.......for
them to be shot by the more financially adept society. Some are clean kills
some are wounded.

But then when a natural beast comes along be it a Fox, Crow, Jay or Magpie
he gets ****ed cos it's tacking his eggs or birds..........so he calls them
vermine.

The Magpie he will trap and hang on a fence by its feet, still alive while
it squakes to warn off its fellow family members, until it
dies...........some humanity there I dont think.......dont tell me
they dont
do this because I DO KNOW they do.

I've never known a keeper do that, and I've known a few...

Indeed, I'm a part-time keeper myself.

What you are saying is tantamount to libel. And, I wouldn't think you'd
know the truth if it hit you in the face.

so while a Fox kills more than he needs, so does a
gamekeeper............but
inhumainly.

The idea of shooting driven game is that the Guns, assuming they are any
good, shoot birds coming towards them, resulting in a headshot, and a
much higher ratio of instant kills to woundings than a Gun who is
walking-up, and where the bird gets an arseful of lead.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig