Old 24-08-2008, 03:46 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"Marie Dodge" wrote in message

I understand. Where I live it's a poor droughty clay.

???? By that do you mean clay that is/was drought affected?

It called "droughty" because it doesn't hold moisture unless loads and loads
of organic matter are incorporated, which we do before using a spot for
gardening. It's a fine clay that's like powder. When dry it's like concrete.
It's really crappy soil. But once organic matter is incorporated and it's
fertilized, the plants grow like crazy if given enough moisture.