Old 24-08-2008, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Marie Dodge Marie Dodge is offline

Default Ironite Questions?

"zxcvbob" wrote in message
Marie Dodge wrote:

How are they an option when they are useless? Why use them at all when
plain water would do the same thing? Sounds like you can't get past the
idea that they didn't work. If they worked the insects wouldn't have
gotten out of hand now would they?

Sounds like you bought a bunch of expensive "organic" snake oil. No
wonder you are ****ed! The point is not that you need to buy organic
products, it's that you probably don't need to buy anything.

Right! The plants would have died faster and I would have saved some money,
better spent elsewhere. Meanwhile they would have been nurseries for the
breeding of resistant WFs and SPs to spread to nearby farms and crops.

(But check out an insecticide called "BT". There are several varieties
and they are *targeted* to specific types of pests, especially
caterpillars)

What would I need something for caterpillars when the pests are spider mites
and white-fly? ??? What organic product kills these 2 resistant pests?
They've already wiped out one entire garden.

Bob