Old 24-08-2008, 05:06 AM posted to rec.gardens
FDR[_2_] FDR[_2_] is offline

Default I have seen a heat storing product that is essentially waterwith it's melting point

zxcvbob wrote:
feradejack wrote:
I have seen this on a BBC programme called "Tomorrow's World" back in
the late 70's or early 80's.
I saw it first used as the contents of a storage heater to be used in a
Truck (for when the driver sleeps in the cabin).
I saw it later as a row of gallon containers in a greenhouse to help
keep the internal temperature constant.
I believe that the melting point was raised to over 20 degrees celcius
(70 F) and maybe quite a lot higher.
If you have any idea what this stuff is, I would like to know!

"Ice 9", from the book _Cat's Cradle_. HTH :-)

Bob

Well that ought to confuse a lot of people!