Old 24-08-2008, 11:36 AM
Patricia Thorpe Patricia Thorpe is offline
Registered User

Default pruning

Owing to illness, heavy rainfall and holidays my small garden has turned into a jungle. I feel I must get out there and cut it back as soon as possible. The main overgrown shrubs are : choisya, bottle brush bush, pittosporum, fig in a container (all leaves, no fruit), sage, salix and caster oil plants. I will leave the perennials and let the winter take care of them but I am desperate to cut everything back even if it is the wrong time of the year. What would happen if I did it now in August?