Old 24-08-2008, 07:47 PM posted to aus.gardens
len gardener len gardener is offline

Default Zuchinni; variety to grow in Sydney

g'day terry,

we grow that one with black in its name sorry can't think right now.

and for years now it has always produced well(without the need to hand
pollinate) untill last year, we bought our seedling from a different
source so these problems can depend on seedling qulaity, we had same
issue with gold button squash (again should fruit like weeds) but we
got nothing seedling from the same source. so this year we will try a
diffrent source for our zuce's.

also look the their sun needs, they do well with all day sun maybe a
bit of late arvo' shade. also over abundance in foliage might mean the
plant is in too rich a mix? this will throw production out of balance
if more energy goes into foliage than into flower/fruit production.

be abit early for them yet down yor way i would think maybe closer to
october even november? unless you have a very sunny northern spot for
them? ours won't go in un till mid to late spetember. keep them well
mulched.

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 15:30:28 +1000, terryc
wrote:

snipped
With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev