Old 24-08-2008, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Brown leaf tips :(

"danny22" wrote
My calamondin has developed dry tips on several of its leaves. it is
only a small plant - maybe 20-25cm tall but growing outwards, but it
has one bit of fruit that has been growing and 7 flowers. i mist it
several times a day with my other 3 citrus plants. it is positioned in
a south facing window that it has been enjoying for almost 5 months
now.

it is in a ceramic pot, and i knew from the white residue on it that
there were left over salts from the fertilizer. i have flushed the pot
a week ago but the residue is still there so i think i need to flush it
again. could over fertilizing be the problem? i am very careful with
watering and my other plants seem to be feeling fine so im not sure
what could be causing it

The S. facing window is you problem, it's too hot/dry.

Why is it inside? It should be outside in a sunny spot during
Spring/Summer/Autumn and only be taken inside to guard against frost.

Regarding the white residue, if it's on the pot it's probably in the compost
too so I would repot now using ericaceous compost with added grit/bark
chippings to increase drainage.

BTW How do you water it without a water tray when it's inside? All citrus
hate wet roots and water trays are a good way to kill them. With the plants
outside and no water trays you can flush the compost with every watering.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden