Old 25-08-2008, 06:03 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default organic garden spray

"Nancy" writes:
hi
I as wondering if anyone had a recipe for organic
garden spray.
I have beautiful organic vege garden beds but
the white butterfly are starting to come about.
hoping someone can help me

For butterfly larvae, I'd have thought the bacterial spray Dipel
would be ideal. No chemicals, just a bacteria that makes these types
of caterpillars very sick. The same type of spray is marketed under
another brand name. Maybe someone can remind us?

Of course, a purist would make their own spray by crushing a handful
of the grubs, letting them marinate in their own juices for 3 or 4
days, then mascerating with water, filtering, and spraying over the
remaining plants. Let us know how it all works out. :-)