Old 25-08-2008, 07:01 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Zuchinni; variety to grow in Sydney

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 15:38:40 +1000, David Hare-Scott wrote:

I used to live in Manly now north of Newcastle.

The bees, or other insects are not that effective and cucurbits just don't
produce a crop, except for one lot of cucumbers once (swmbo thinks).

Part of the problem might be bee numbers being in the burbs and the other
part might be competition from five massive gums trees nearby.

I am working on a long term plan to increase native bee numbers as swmbo
is allergic to bee stings.