Old 25-08-2008, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper pied piper is offline

Default Catproof surface

no
"aboleth" wrote in message
I've read the FAQ, I accept it's hard to reliably stop neighbours'
cats pooing in your garden. Cat's are like children, one's own are
lovely, other people's....

Anyway, I want to redo the surface in part of our garden. When we
moved in it was covered in bark chippings, which had become more poo
than bark over the years. We shovelled that out, and put plastic tarps
down as a temporary measure. Now, 4 years later, it might be time to
do something! So are there any hardwearing soft surfaces that cats
won't poo on?

I was thinking of short astroturf, or maybe those rubber-mulch
chippings made of old car tyres? Or maybe heavy flint gravel? I just
don't want to go to a load of effort only to find next door's three-
legged wonder has done his usual on it.

Cheers,

John