Old 25-08-2008, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Brown leaf tips :(

"danny22" wrote
The kind of winds and rain we have had around here are too strong i
think - my greenhouse, weighted down with about a dozen bricks, has
been overturned so many times i have given up with it! am out in the
open country, so not protection from the elements

Is there nowhere outside, against a S. facing wall preferrably, that you
could put them? Or rig up some sort of wind protection for them? They really
will do much better outside.

It gets good light between 9 and 11, bright light between 11 and 1,
then slowly a reduction in light as the day progresses. None of my
citrus have minded for five months, and they have been in sunnier spots
happily enough.

IME citrus are a bit like camelias, by the time they show a problem it's
rather late.

i water when the soil is dry, but not completely dry and i don't use
water trays. I water them in our outhouse and let them drain into the
sink before putting them back in the window

Good. How often do you feed and with what? Do you use rain water or tap, and
if tap is your water hard?

would it be safe to repot them? they were repotted several months ago
already...

If they have been repotted recently then leave it for the moment.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden